Special Teacher Training Program
The Special Teacher Training Program provides an opportunity to receive special training in how to become a qualified Teacher of Kadampa Buddhism. Students training on the program will follow a new, clear and practical presentation specially designed by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
These instructions explain how to become an effective and qualified Teacher through keeping special commitments and learning how to integrate the teachings of Kadam Dharma practically into daily life. The emphasis of the program is to train Teachers in how to teach and present Kadampa Buddhism practically for everyone, and to give them the confidence, skills and experience to do so. The duration of each course is six months, running from April to September each year.
The first course will begin at Manjushri KMC in April 2012 with the General Spiritual Director Gen-la Kelsang Dekyong as the Teacher. Thereafter it will be offered yearly and be taught either by the General Spiritual Director or the Deputy Spiritual Director.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS
Successful applicants will receive the following facilities free of charge from NKT:
1. A six-month course on the Special Teacher Training Program
2. Accommodation and food at Manjushri KMC for the duration of the course
3. Travel expenses to and from Manjushri KMC
4. Assistance with visa applications if required
5. Certificate upon completion of the course
6. At the end of the course students who successfully complete the program and are awarded a certificate will be offered a full time position as a Kadampa Buddhist Resident Teacher
REQUIREMENTS OF THE STUDENTS
To be eligible for the program applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
1. To have been a practitioner of Kadampa Buddhism for a number of years, but at least two
2. To have the wish to become a qualified Kadampa Buddhist Teacher
3. To be free to become a full time Kadampa Buddhist Resident Teacher after completing the course
4. To be fluent in English
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
If you satisfy the requirements of a student and wish to join the Special Teacher Training Program, please pick up an application at the Center in Harrisburg (or if you wish, we can send it to you by e-mail or post). The application deadline is February 15, 2012.